Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why I won't ever be on TLC's Extreme Couponing



I would love to be on TLC's show Extreme Couponing. However, I would never qualify! My savings doesn't even come close to what theirs is! When most people find out that I am a couponer they assume I must save 90% or more! The truth is my savings is 57%. That number may not sound like much but I look at it like this: Basically half of what we have we wouldn't have if I didn't coupon. This is the average I have calculated since January of this year. The reason I feel this number is so low is due to the simple fact that I buy fresh foods. I steer away from anything prepackaged and those are the products that they give out deals and coupons for. So buying fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy brings down my average. I just read a great article from The Thrifty Couple and I would like to share it with you all! The article is called 20 Reasons You Are Not Getting the Same Results as You See on TLC's Extreme Couponing. If you've tried couponing before and felt that you failed miserably you should definitely read this. Or if you've just started couponing and you feel like you're not saving any money you should read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment